Please read this "User Manual" and "Importnat message to Customers" before use RICOH R.
The RICOH R Development Kit is still being developed, so details of this manual may change.
The RICOH R Development Kit is for developers.
This kit cannot be returned. It is not covered by warranty.
When in use, the device gets hot, so use the provided stand or a tripod to secure the device.
Be careful of low temperature burns when touching the device.
If the device gets hot due to the surrounding environment, it will automatically shut down for safety purposes.
This device is compliant with FCC, ICES-003, EN55032, EN55024, and other EMC standards when using the AC adapter, HDMI cable, and other cables bundled with the device that are recommended for use with this device.
A HDMI cable is not bundled with the device. If you need one, please purchase the following cable recommended by Ricoh.
HDMI cable:SONY DLC-HEU15
An AC adapter is not bundled with the device, so please purchase the following adapter recommended by Ricoh.
AC adapter:Apple 12 W USB power adapter for the iPad Retina display model (Model A1401)
Items contained in the box * When you open the box, make sure these items are inside the box.
RICOH R Development Kit device x 1
MicroSD card (8 GB) x 1 * Inside the device slot
Stand x 1
USB cable x 2
Carrying case x 1
Importnat message to Customers x 1
Items distributed via our public website(https://ricohr.ricoh/) * Please visit the website to download and use these items.
Firmware…Update to the latest firmware.
RICOH R Console
RICOH R Development Kit UVC Capture
* Ricoh plans to publish information over time on our public website.
* Do not touch the lens directly. Fingerprints or other smudges on the lens may degrade the image quality.
* If the lens falls or is dropped, the lens may be scratched.
* Secure the lens so that it cannot be dropped or fall over.
When you connect the device to a power supply via a USB cable, the device will automatically turn on.
Note that the RICOH R Development Kit does not contain an internal battery.
You need to connect the device to an external power source, mobile battery, or the like.
Turn off the device with the Power button when turning it off.
Disconnecting the USB power cable before turning the device off may corrupt data.
* Streaming uses the top micro USB port (for control and UVC out). You cannot use this port as a power port.
Use the micro USB power port at the bottom of the device to supply power to the device.
* Supported OSes: Windows 10 and macOS 10.11
* Make sure that you insert the cable into the correct port (do not insert the cable into the top or bottom micro USB ports).
* You can adjust the parameters in the RICOH R Development Kit device.
Connect the device to a computer via USB to use this application.
* You cannot use the RICOH R Console when outputting with USB Video Class.
When you output with HDMI, you can adjust the parameters while observing the output image.
The RICOH R console is PC/Mac software for controlling the camera via USB.